Mark A. Moritz, Of Counsel
Mark is an Arizona native. After graduating from Saguaro High School, he attended Arizona State University on a music scholarship. In his first career as an insurance, investment and financial planning agent, he earned the designations of Chartered Life Underwriter, Chartered Financial Consultant and Certified Financial Planner®, and was named as one of the best financial planners in the US in Money magazine. For his midlife crisis, in lieu of a sports car, he got his law degree at Arizona State University with the intention of becoming an estate planning lawyer. He is a strong advocate of learning as much as he can about his clients, and customizing estate planning to fit their lives; his motto is “Boilerplate documents are OK for boilerplate clients – but there are no boilerplate clients.” He also tries hard to use plain English instead of legalese whenever possible. Mark has practiced exclusively in estate planning since 1993.
- Founding member and past president of Valley Estate Planners.
- Past President of Planned Giving Round Table of Arizona.
- Past Chairman of Estate Planning/Probate/Trust Section of Maricopa County Bar Association.
- Board Member of East Valley Estate Planning Council.
- Assisted many clients in establishing “planned gifts” to charitable organizations, including Charitable Remainder Trusts, Charitable Lead Trusts, and Charitable Gift Annuities.